The application is written in IronRuby, which is the Ruby language on Microsoft .NET, with a small portion of C#
and deploys Rsync and Zsync to perform download/update tasks, which provides differential updates (delta patching) to save bandwidth (for hosters and downloaders) and time.
The official network contains many mods available out of the box:
Anyone can host a custom repository with mods, missions and server configuration.
rSync requires specific server setup with rSync daemon, where-as zSync only requires a simple web-server.
- MultiThreaded & MultiHost Mods/Missions downloads (installation/updating/repair/migration)
- Deploys delta patching to save time and bandwidth (only downloads changed parts of a file)
- Game Launcher
- Server Browser with sorting, grouping, search and filtering - Join servers automatically with the required Mods, and receive warnings when mods are loaded which are not allowed on the server.
- Many popular mods available out of the box (250+ already)
- Strong global (world-wide) mirror network (community powered)
- GUI, Commandline and Linux support
- Custom repository hosting for server owners and community websites (with Mods, Missions, and additional server information and automation, incl TeamSpeak3 and Mumble support).
- Flexible and Advanced Preset and Game Profile configuration possible
- Multi game versions and editions supported, manageable side-by-side
- Mod dependencies and aliases supported
- Easy access to Mod tools and 3rd party applications like Fraps/TrackIR. Including support for copying ACRE plugin dll's to TS3\Plugins, and Jayarma2lib dsound.dll to game exe folder.
- Create shortcuts to your favorite Presets or to directly start the game with favorite mods and settings
- Full Localization and Internationalization support (preliminary Russian and German translations included)
- Increasing community server support
- Active Development and Support
- Find Servers that use a specific Mod, or where signatures of a mod or all mods in a preset are allowed
- Duplicate addon detection and warning
- Server Protection indicator - Shows how well a server is protected (Signatures version, BattlEye enabled)
- Server SigCheck indicator - Checks active mods signatures versus server allowed signatures.
- Server ModCheck indicator - Checks active modfolders versus server required/allowed modfolders
- Server Monitor - Keep track of server status, players, incl sound alarms.
- Game Manager - Keep track of installed games, patches, and perform CRC checks
- Server Manager - Dedicated Server configuration
- Repo Manager - Custom repository configuration
Six Updater is originally written and maintained by Patrick Roza.
- Patrick Roza
- Martin Steinke
- Julius Zeidler
- Sven van Gurp
- Arjan Janssen
- Koen Gabriels
Image GalleriesSix Launcher | SU v2.9 | v2.8 | v2.7 | v2.6 | v2.5 | v2.4 | v2.3 | v2.2 | v2.1 | v2.0
(See Documentation section for more videos)
- Feature Video
- Basic Feature Video