Third WIP report, previous at: Six Updater v2.5 WIP Report - Beta 5
After about a week, i'm proud to present the latest improvements since the previous report.
The latest changes have mostly been internal refactoring to improve performance and behaviour, and both, changes and results, are significant.
The milestone is nearly 100% complete, with a Stable release scheduled for next week.
2.5 marks a big step forward, in league with the introduction of SU 2.0, more than 100 tickets have been addressed.
- Fixed extremely slow behaviour when a Custom Repos with many missions was loaded, while the missions existed on the user's harddrive.
Memory usage and initialization time are two aspects I want to improve in the near future, probably for early v2.6 builds.
- Several parts of the UI have been made resizeable (Log output, Preset Tree etc)
- UI State/Settings are preserved between sessions and upgrades. (Window sizes, positions, grid settings, search fields etc)
- Modes can now be saved (Advanced Mode, Server Monitor, Detached log)
- QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) improvements: Added Sync Gamespy server list, Improved performance when adding items to the QAT.
- Prepared grouping capabilities of the various DataGrids
- Minor UI cleanups and alignments
- Added NBug bug reporting module; If an unhandled exception occurs, a dialog appears with the option to directly send the issue to the Issue Tracker
- Unhandled exceptions during the second initialization stage are now properly handled instead of leaving the updater in an unusable state.
- Switched to MSI based updates, mostly due to some people experiencing issues with the previous update method, mostly due to Security Suites.
- Improved updater execution
- Fixed Numerious crashes and minor issues
More improvements scheduled before the Stable release.